Select the year for content summaries of Newsletters published within that year.
Newsletter link opens a pdf in a new window, which can be downloaded or read on-line.
Please note that no new Newsletters have been published after 2014.
October Newsletter No. 25 click here
- WSAVA Vaccine guidelines
- WHI Seminar 2013
- Thermal Imaging - a case study
- Using a Database to record Pedigrees and track Health data
- Leptospirosis - a case study
- An irritating problem!
- Neem Oil in Animal Care
- Honey for Allergies
- Seaweed alert
- Genetic Diversity in Wheatens
- Glacial Healing Clay
- Urinary and Bladder Stones
- Dr Tom Lewis - Selection and Breeding
April Newsletter No. 24 click here
- Wheaten Hereos
- The Seminar - Genes and Thermals
- Vaccination - Dogs and Puppies
- The Popular Sire Effect
- Vinyl Toy Warning
- Breeding for Health
- Elizabethan Collars
- Animal health Trust Projects updates
- Wheaten Genome and Life Study
- pANCA - the end
October Newsletter No. 23 click here
- Genetic Testing for PLN Associated
- Variant Genes
- Garlic – The Facts
- Vestibular Syndrome - Annie’s Story
- pANCA Research Study
- SCWT Club of GB Seminar
- Celebrating Life - Megan
- Cancer In Dogs
- Celebrating life - Tara
- Appendix on Health Tracker click here.
- WHI 10th Anniversary 2013
- Luxating Patella
- Seasonal Canine Illness
- Celebrating Life - Golden Oldies
- Parvo Outbreak
- To Neuter Or Not To Neuter
- Degenerative Myelopathy
March Newsletter No. 22 click here
- Viewpoint - 'Could I be poisoning my dog?'
- Seminar 2012 - attendees account and presentations by Gwen Bailey and Dr Jeff Sampson.
- Caring for the Aging Dog.
- Out of Hours Veterinary
- The Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier Lifetime Study – mapping the genome.
- pANCA participants questionnaire reminder.
- WHI 'Account-ability' Doing the sums - Seminar is a financial success.
- 'Bakers' new TV advertising campaign.
- An opportunity to aid WHI funds and acquire a new and unique 'Work of Art'.
October Newsletter No. 21 click here
- Viewpoint - comment by the editor
- Vaccination - is it really necessary?
- Animal Health Trust - proposed Cancer centre
- Seminar 2012
- The Stud Dog's Lament
- Human medicines and Dogs
- Kennel Club's 'Mate Select'
- PDSA Rule change
- Hypoallergenic dogs - fact or fantasy?
- Canine Seasonal Illness - warning from AHT
- Puppy Farming - CARIAD takes a stand
- Upset tummies - how to settle
- Pet Passport changes
- Dogs Unleashed
- Buying a puppy - Kennel Club advice
- Dr Littman's report "an exciting year".
- Fundraising - look out for our next auction
January Newsletter No. 20 click here
- pANCA Seminar Report & Final project report.
- K.C. Breeders Symposium.
- Genetic diversity.
- Geriatric Renal Failure & Food Allergies.
- Understanding Kidney disease with Charts.
- Appendix on Health Tracker click here.
August Newsletter No. 19 click here
- The pANCA Project. Conclusion of the Longitudinal study sampling sessions.
- Summary of Data from February 2010 sampling sessions.
- WHI Seminar September 25th 2010.
- In search of genetic diversity – Breeders’ Tales.
- Interview with Tracy Hammond and Steve Evans.
- pANCA pictures.
- The Role of A Therapy Dog in the USA.
- Fund-raising Auction.
September Newsletter No. 18 click here
- The pANCA Project - next sampling sessions.
- Hip Scoring - New Legislation.
- Update on Colony Dogs.
- Elderly dogs - Grooming, Bathing, Incontinence.
- Care and Well Being of your Dog - report.
April Newsletter No. 17 click here
- Dealing with Diarrhoea.
- Poisons, Potpourri & Adders.
- Paper shredders and dogs.
- Seminar – ‘The Care and Well-Being of your Dog'
- International Breeders Seminar – Stockholm 2008.
- Message from America.
January Newsletter No. 16 click here
- Acute Cystitis.
- Can Dogs detect cancer?
- Remedy for Smelly Dogs.
- Find A Vet - new RVC scheme.
May Special Report Click here
- pANCA Evaluation report & brief history (special report).
January Newsletter No. 15 click here
- The pANCA Project - report & test results explanation.
- Treasurer’s Report.
- pANCA Picture Gallery.
- Dog Blood Donors, Canine Bowen technique, Sultanas!
- News from the USA.
- Tips & Hints - Collars beware!; Sultanas again; Emergency cards; Combustible crates; Lost dogs.
March Newsletter No. 14 click here
- pANCA Research Project.
- Birthday Event - Healthy Dogs – Naturally.
- Puppy Training by Shirley Barton.
- News Reports & Information.
- Health Services.
- Safe and Sound Scheme; Cherry pips; Chrysanthemum soil;
- Is Pet Food healthy?
December Newsletter No. 13 click here
- Update on Megan
- The Importance & Variety of Play Part
- News Reports & Information
- Summary of KC Health Survey
July Newsletter No. 12 click here
- Treasurer’s Report.
- Request for Calendar.
- Transcript – Vulnerable Breeds Forum.
- Importance & Variety of Play in Dogs.
- News Reports & Information - Tick bites could be fatal; blue/green algae;
- Fear of thunderstorms; Leishmaniasis; Bee Stings
March Newsletter No. 11 click here
- Understanding Protein-Wasting Diseases in Wheaten Terriers, Dr Shelly Vaden.
December Newsletter No. 10 click here
- Seminar Report "Towards a Brighter Future" Dr Catherine Mellersh Senior Canine Geneticist, Animal Health Trust &
- Dr K Allenspach, Senior Lecturer, Royal Veterinary College.
- Health Handbook produced.
- Genetic Research Fund.
- Animal Health Trust Services.
- Montgomery Health Forum Tapes.
October Newsletter No. 9 click here
- Protein Losing diseases & RD - Myths and Legends
- Magnetic Collars and microchips; Pyometra; Silvered Cage Covers;
- Evening Primrose Oil danger; Hips and Arthritis; Main cause of Aggression.
August Newsletter No. 8 click here
- Protein-Losing Enteropathy in a Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier in the United Kingdom”
- Authors:S W. Melville-Walker; K C. Smith; C M. Elwood.
- Post Mortem Protoco.l
- Dog Theft in UK; Substances poisonous to dogs.
- Update on Megan.
- Vaccination web site; Holistic Pet Food.
May Newsletter No. 7 click here
- Heska ERD Testing.
- Assessing Pain in Dogs and Cats.
- Longevity: Disinfectants; Elizabethan Collars; Ibuprofen; MRSA in pets;
- Taking Pets abroad; Vaccinations
March Newsletter No. 6 click here
- Risk, Raw Feeding and Pathogens: A Review - By Stacy Pober.
- Pedigree ‘the written record of a dog’s ancestry’ by Don Wieden.
- Wheaten Word.
November Newsletter No. 5 click here
- Noise Intolerance.
- Questions & Answers - Dr Shelly Vaden.
- Megan - My Angel Eyes.
- Omerta - The Breeders Code of Silence.
- Making breeding decisions with the Open Registry.
April Newsletter No. 4 click here
- Diagnosing PLE & PLN - Prof Meryl P. Littman, University of Pennsylvania.
December Newsletter No. 3 click here
- Report of the Seminar by Janet Petros of the "Soft-Coated Wheaten Health Notebook and Beyond..."
September Newsletter No. 2 click here
- Report from attendees at the Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier Health Conference in Keystone, Colorado.
April Newsletter No. 1 click here